At the time of output mac os 10.13 was removed support for boot from RAID 0 drives.
I was looking for a solution. Post on apple developer remained unanswered.
The @taruga solution on real macs needed to be run in single user. In Catalina, the system disc is read-only, which makes the task even more difficult
The entry describes step-by-step installation process
- Download Patcher from @dosdude1 site (@dosdude1 great job! ).
- Create a bootable flash drive. If you need step-by-step instructions on how to create a bootable Flash Drive see the video:
If you’re using a Hackintosh. After creating the installer, install Clover on efi partition on usb installer. If your config and kext work with normal installation, they will also work with Raid. (If you need help with clover configuration you will find it on insanelymac)
- After creating the usb installer Reboot.
- Holding down the alt (option) key
- Run the installer from the flash drive
- Open the terminal remove the current raid and create the new one (the diskutil and gpt commands)
diskutil unmountDisk disk0 diskutil unmountDisk disk1 gpt destroy /dev/disk0 gpt destroy /dev/disk1 diskutil appleRAID create stripe Storage JHFS+ disk0 disk1 diskutil unmountDisk disk2 gpt create disk2 gpt add -t hfs disk2
- Exit the terminal and open the disk utility and format the array APFS
- Exit disk utility and install macOS Catalina.
- The installer will continue again after the restart.
- At the end you will see that the system cannot be installed. Remove installer & Reboot
- this is necessary to continue with the internal drive and not with the installer on the usb
- The installation error will pop up again.
- click on the menu bar (call up by clicking on wifi) select the terminal from the utilities menu and type
/sbin/mount -uw / mv /usr/standalone/bootcaches.plist /usr/standalone/bootcaches.bak
- Select the flash drive installer again and boot
- Choose Post Install patch.
- check Apfs patch
- SIP patch
- Be sure you rebuild caches too, the option will show itself after the patches been appleis and its counting down
- Finally Restart & Whala!
- (Trim support) Open Terminal and type:
sudo trimforce enable
- (Update dyld shared ) Open Terminal and type:
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -root /
- (Update Preboot ) Open Terminal and type:
diskutil apfs updatePreboot disk3s5
- (Delete Recovery HD It doesn’t work on raid anyway.) Open Terminal and type:
- Open Terminal and type:
diskutil apfs deleteVolume disk3s3
MacOS Catalina developer Beta 10.15.1, 10.15.2, 10.15.3
Download the update. Install, you will see bless to place boot files failed. Just restart everything will work 🙂
Your Donations are Welcome and Appreciated
If you want to make a donation to support new projects or thank for your work so far, this is highly appreciated. To make a donation, click PayPal.me to take care of the rest safely. Thank you for your support!